CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINER
Responsible for providing excellent and safe instruction, motivation, and support to participants.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Prepares personalized programs in accordance with YMCA guidelines
- Provides positive and regular feedback to participants
- Directs questions requiring additional expertise or attention to the supervisor
- Finds substitutes according to set procedures
- Maintains a clean, safe, and sanitary environment.
- Communicates and enforces any wellness center rules at participants’ comprehension level.
- Trains participants in a manner that is both demonstrative and professional.
- Watches and corrects participants when exercising in an unsafe manner.
- Educates members on appropriate and comfortable attire for exercising.
- Develops positive relationships with members and provides motivational support and guidance.
- Exemplifies a healthy lifestyle.
- Inspects all equipment used for safety hazards, damage, or wear.
- Communicates to the direct supervisor any concerns or incidents that may need follow-up.
- Knows and administers the appropriate EAP (emergency action plan) for any situation, including first aid or CPR, work-related employee injuries, etc.
- Completes incident and accident reports as required.
- Is courteous and gives sincere attention to members by answering questions and providing positive and regular feedback to program participants.
- Knows the names of members and uses their names when speaking with them.
- Maintains appropriate certifications and records.
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Progam and Wellness Director
Education and Certifications
- Must be 18 years of age. High school diploma or GED required.
- A 2-year college degree in Physical Education/Exercise Science/related field or applicable experience is preferred.
- Personal Training Certificate. Need to be certified by a nationally recognized certification agency (ASCM, NASM, ACE etc.), as approved by the Lakota Family YMCA.
- Minimum of six months or more of related fitness experience preferred and a high level of interest in the fitness field.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time, to talk and hear, to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, to climb or balance, to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, occasional bending or squatting. The incumbent is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $26.00 - $32.00 per hour