SWIM LESSON INSTRUCTOR
- Instructs swimming lessons in accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared lesson plans accordingly.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with students and parents; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA. Encourages parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers students and parents to other programs.
- Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
- Trains and supervises class aides as assigned.
- Minimum age of 15.
- Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
- Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid and Emergency Oxygen Administration certification required within 45 days of hire.
- Medium work. Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- Frequently subject to environmental conditions- heat and humidity both inside and outside. May occur mostly outside. Frequent standing, sitting, stooping, kneeling, swimming, and crouching throughout the work shift. Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Use hands and fingers for fine motor skills frequently. Walking on a variety of uneven surfaces and climbing stairs frequently.
- Have visual acuity to determine safety and security of participants in the program as well as the facility. Receive detailed information through sound as well as express through spoken word.
- Read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
- This job description may not be all inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as necessary or assigned/directed by management. Job description and duties may be modified at any time.