SWIM TEST PROCEDURE AND WATER SLIDE REGULATIONS
In order to continue to offer the safest Lakota Family YMCA experience, the following Pool and Water Slide Regulations must be enforced.
- Youth age 12 and under must wear a swim band while in the facility and pools
- Appropriate colored Bands will be placed on your child at the Welcome Center or Pool Desk. This information is based on the testing information provided by the Aquatic's Department.
SWIM TEST PROCEDURE:
Swim Tests are performed at the indoor pool. Starting May 1st every year. No appointments necessary. It is recommended you test as soon as possible, so you'll be ready for the outdoor pool. EVERYONE will test if they are 12 and under EVERY YEAR.
- Jump feet first into the deep end of the pool at the starting block edge
- Surface and tread water for 30 seconds
- Swim over arm freestyle or breaststroke 25 yards to the other end of the pool
- Goggles may be worn during test (no face mask permitted)
NOTE: It is the judgment of the lifeguard, managers, and directors whether a person passes a swim test. A swim test may be taken up to twice a day if a child does not pass the first time. Swim tests will be conducted annually beginning May 1st. ALL children under the age of 12 must retake a swim test every year to qualify.
- No bands will be issued for children ages 0-24 months
- Ages 12 and under who are non-swimmers
- Children 6 and under must have a parent in the water within arm's reach.
- Ages 7 to 12 must stay in the shallow water while parent supervises on the deck or in water.
- Will be issued upon passing the swim test.
- Ages 9 and under still must be accompanied by a parent in any of the pool areas
- Ages 10 and up can swim without parent in any of the pool areas
Youth Swimmer (under age 12) must have passed the swim test and received a GREEN wrist band.
- Must be 42 inches tall to ride
- Must lie down on back, feet first and facing forward
- NO FLOATS OR VEST permitted on the slide
- NO goggles and NO SUNGLASSES
- NO zippers or buttons on clothing
- One person at a time, parents MAY NOT hold their children
- Swimmer may not go down the slide until instructed to do so
- No one may catch a person going down the slide
- A person may enter the catch pool to assist a swimmer after they have exited the slide.
NOTE: The pool rules may not be all inclusive. For your safety and the safety of others please obey all verbal instructions from the YMCA staff.