NATIONWIDE MEMBERSHIP POLICY
As a Nationwide Member, you now have the added value of visiting Ys across the United States and Puerto Rico. We offer Nationwide Membership because we want to help you reach your health and wellness goals wherever you live, work or travel. This is an essential part of our cause of strengthening communities.
We look forward to your visit and hope you enjoy being part of more YMCA communities.
Full facility YMCA members have the flexibility to use other YMCA facilities throughout the country at no extra charge.
Nationwide Memberships are welcome to use our Outdoor Pool Monday-Friday 3:00pm – 8:00pm and Saturday 3:00pm - 6:30pm. The Outdoor Pool is restricted to only Lakota Family YMCA members on Sunday’s.
HOW IT WORKS
Starting 2023 we will not allow check in at the Outdoor Pool entrance for Nationwide Members. All Nationwide Memberships must check in at the Lakota Family YMCA Front Office Desk at the main entrance. Present ALL active YMCA membership cards and photo ID at any participating YMCA and enjoy FREE access. All participating members MUST present their cards, children included with parents/guardians.
LAKOTA FAMILY YMCA RESTRICTIONS
- Outdoor Pool will open Monday-Friday 3:00pm – 8:00pm and Saturday 3:00pm - 6:30pm. The Outdoor Pool is restricted to only Lakota Family YMCA members on Sunday’s.
- Lakota Family YMCA follows and tries to reciprocate all other YMCA's policies. For the 2023 season usage of the Outdoor Pool is restricted to Lakota YMCA Members and Nationwide Members excluding Great Miami Valley Association. The Indoor Pool and facility will welcome you.
- Youth Memberships will not be accepted at Lakota Family YMCA without a paying adult.
- Visiting members are very welcome to use our facility; however, they MAY NOT bring non-member guests.
- On your first visit to Lakota Family YMCA, we request that you come inside to our front desk with your active YMCA membership card and photo ID to complete a standard liability waiver.
- Each time you visit Lakota Family YMCA, you MUST show your active YMCA ID card. We must input your information by hand for check in, our system does not link to other YMCA’s.
- If your membership card does not show in the Nationwide Membership database you will need to wait until we can contact your home YMCA
- If you do not have your card, a valid photo ID must be presented or you will not be permitted to enter.
- Those using our swimming pools need to review our Swim Test Policy and our Rules and Procedures. This can be found in our Program Brochure.
There are a few guidelines to know and follow when you travel:
- Visit ymca.net before you travel to make sure the Y you intend to visit participates in Nationwide Membership. More than 2,500 Y locations participate.
- You must have an active membership to be eligible for Nationwide Membership.
- On average, at least 50% of your visits must be to your Home YMCA (the local association that enrolled you and collects your membership dues).
- If you have known periods of seasonal travel (when you will not be using your Home Y at least 50% of the time or will be a resident of another area for more than 28 days), you will need to place your Home Y membership on hold or cancel it, and join the Y where you will be living for that time period. Please plan ahead, as it may take several weeks to place your account on hold.
- If you are a college student, you will need to join the YMCA where your usage is 50% or greater. Nationwide Membership is based on individual usage not the family unit. Most Ys have a young adult or college membership option or you can ask about the financial assistance program.
- Most YMCAs require a photo ID for all visitors. Please bring a photo ID with you for a seamless customer experience.
- You will be asked to sign a waiver when visiting other YMCA locations.